The Apps Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the Apps support portfolio for our customer in managed service delivery mode and enable the delivery of a high quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs.
This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
Maintain high performing service support functions including Applications, COTS products especially in Oil & Gas domain.
Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
Ensure SLA and KPIs are taken care off.
Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
Drive internal and customer service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
Drive the Agile Operations roadmap and work with the Agile SMEs to drive Agile & Devops ways of working.
Drive contineous improvements & automation across Apps domain.
· Deliver excellent Presentation and Audio Visual support, ensure meeting room technology is maintained to high standards and routinely checked to ensure high levels of availability
· Ensure that training services are in place to educate staff on how to use meeting room and collaboration technology effectively
Performance & Quality
· Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
· Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
· Provide regular and accurate management reporting on AMS Service performance
· Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
· Be an ambassador for AMS, working across the business to provide effective communication on AMS matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
Qualities and Skills required
· Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
· Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
· A passion for Service Improvement
· Experienced Service Management professional
· ITIL Qualified
· Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
· Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
· Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
· Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
· Excellent leadership and people management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
· Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
· Excellent organisational skills
· Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
· Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
· Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
· Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks